5 Tips to Straighten Teeth with Invisalign for Your Beautiful Smile
Do you want to perform an Invisalign treatment to get your teeth straight? Well, studies have revealed that they are more efficient when compared to traditional alternatives like the metal braces. Another advantage is that with Invisalign, people will not be able to tell that you are undergoing a treatment as the aligners are clear. By wearing these clear aligners, you can correct your teeth and improve your overall appearance. Invisalign is also used to treat underbites and overbites.
Here are some of the most relevant information regarding Invisalign:
- Wear your aligners for at least 22 hours in a day – You will have to wear your retainer for 22 hours a day to get the most effective results. The only time when you need to remove them is when you brush your teeth or consume food and drinks. This ensures you positive and faster results from the treatment. Try to wear it as much as you can upon receiving the treatment. A good suggestion is to wear them while you sleep as you will be more relaxed, which will speed up the treatment.
- Perform regular cleaning and sterilization – It is important to brush and floss your teeth properly after every meal. This is a great way to maintain good oral hygiene and prevent small food particles from getting stuck in between the teeth. Don’t forget to carry a travel-sized toothbrush with small toothpaste tube and floss daily wherever you may go. Rinse properly with a mouthwash to keep your mouth clean and healthy at all times.
- Limit the intake of certain beverages – When it is about eating food, there aren’t really any restrictions. The only thing you need to do is remove your retainers at the time of eating, brushing and flossing. Once it is done, put back the retainers properly in the mouth. While performing the treatment at the Invisalign braces clinic, you need to avoid consuming hot beverages such as tea or coffee as they may cause staining to the trays. On the other hand, if it is cold beverages, drink water during the treatment as even light coloured beverages can cause stains on the Invisalign trays.
- Click selfies to keep track of the treatment – Choosing Invisalign over other treatment options for teeth straightening is helpful as it is almost invisible to other people. Thus, you feel more confident while taking photos with family and friends. You should also take some selfies to track the progress of your treatment. This way, you will be able to see the results by comparing them week after week. The entire treatment might take much longer than it is expected. So, if you feel like it is taking a long time, talk to your Invisalign dentist in London right away.
- Follow the advice of your dentist – Most people feel afraid of seeing a dentist for the first time. However, it is crucial to visit again so that he can monitor the progress of the treatment. Make sure that you follow the advice and suggestions of your dentist while undergoing the procedure. Your dentist will also tell you when you need to change your retainers, the kind of foods you should eat during the treatment and how much time the treatment will take. If you have any questions related to your treatment, don’t hesitate to ask your dentist about it.
Thus, Invisailgn works in the perfect way as long as you know how to wear these braces. Common search strings like “dentist near me in London” will help you to get in touch with a trustworthy dentist in your area. By taking proper care and following these great tips, you can be sure that the retainers will help in correcting and aligning your teeth.