5 Benefits for Getting Invisalign Braces Over Traditional Braces
Crooked and uneven teeth can lead you to various oral health issues as well as affect your smile and appearance. You might face problem cleaning your teeth, which could eventually result in gum infections. When not taken proper care of, it might even lea to bone damage and tooth loss. Today in London and other parts of the world, orthodontics has become an effective solution to overcome the malocclusion issue.
However, putting on traditional metal braces for long is troublesome. Well, we have a great alternative to this – Invisalign, which is a set of clear aligners fixed over your teeth to move them gently to the intended position. Here are some wonderful benefits of invisalign over traditional braces.
- Appearance: Metal braces have an unattractive look with the awkward metals and unsightly bracket system. They are uneasy and noticeable in contrary to which, invisalign braces are least visible, comfortable and attractive. When your invisalign dentist in London would put on the aligners over your teeth, you would not feel anything different but in your natural look.
- Comfort: You need not wear them 24 hours a day, you can take them off while eating, brushing, drinking and flossing. These removable braces are so comfortable that you can take of them whenever necessary without bothering as in case of traditional braces. Metal braces are to be removed under professional supervision.
- Treatment duration: With metal braces, you will have to wait for around 2-5 years which is a really long time, especially for an adult. When you undergo, invisalign treatment in London, you only have to wear the clear removable aligners for a year or a year and a half to see the desired results. It is faster process as compared to its other counterparts.
- Safety: Conventional braces consist of metal wires and brackets that can irritate your gums and scratch your mouth from inside. Clear aligners are smooth and comfortable with no sharp edges to hurt your teeth and gums. Metal braces push your teeth hard to move them to the intended whereas invisalign braces do it in gentle motion. Clear braces keep you safe from gum disease, oral health issues and cavities.
- Know your expectations: You won’t live in surprises when on clear braces, as the results are pre-determined while planning the treatment with expert orthodontists and cosmetic dentists. This way you know exactly what to expect from the treatment process and how long you will have to wear your aligners. The traditional counterpart often works as a trial-and-error process without giving you any clear idea of the results.
To sum up, invisalign has got distinct benefits over traditional metal braces. The treatment is a bit expensive but it is worth spending for a healthier and straighter smile with utmost comfort and ease. You can book a consultation at Smile Dental Practice and get your clear aligners and know if you are a right candidate for the treatment.